Choose Your Path

We are a Green low carbon website
banner left

banner left
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Intro

Intro 15 years 8 months ago #3789

Okay, I'm conscious that this is something I should have gotten around to before now, so here goes:

I was born in Scotland but grew up in Canada - southern Ontario, about 60 miles west of Toronto. There wasn't anything particularly remarkable about where we lived, but we were always near to the edge of town, so I had good access to the forests and countryside. As a kid, I used to disappear there for hours. I suppose that's where my pagan outlook on life began to emerge.

After reading a number of books at uni, I was fortunate enough to meet up with an older couple who taught me the Alexandrian tradition. I studied with them for about seven years before moving back here with my wife.

We've here for about 12 years now, raising our 3 kids just south of Glasgow in a house with far too many pets. Strangely, we're probably more in touch with our teachers back in Canada than we are with the pagan community here. Somehow things just seem very different.

Over the years, my own practice has slowly changed, becoming more focussed on creating a bond with the land we live on here. Inevitably that has meant a drift towards something a bit more Celtic. I don't know where that puts me, but I'm still enjoying the journey.

I've been penpals with Brian for going on eight years now, but I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone else here in time.

Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Intro 15 years 8 months ago #3790

• Ambarwehn
  • 2nd Degree Poster
>^^< Welcome to the forum, as well as sharing so much about yourself. >^^< I have noticed that the feeling of different tradtions vary from place to place. I can also understand the feeling that leads more towards the celtic in Scotland. There is something very magickal about that place that draws you in and takes ahold of the deepest parts of your soul. >^^< I am glad to see you and I hope to catch you in the forums one day. >^^< Until Bright Blessings and Welcome >^^<

Re:Intro 15 years 8 months ago #3791

• Elegba
  • On The Path
well merry meet,

Seems you've some history there but very interesting. I hope you are having a good life over here. Will be nice to catch you about when your online.

:welcome:

Love & Light

Kevin

Re:Intro 15 years 8 months ago #3792

• Viccwicc
  • Site Guru
  • Welcome! Always here to help
  • Thank you received: 19
:bsmilies: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :bsmilies:

So glad you joined us! Thanks for posting the introduction. I have heard so much about you, nice to be able to meet you on here and talk. Hope we can arrange a meet up sometime soon, would love to put a face to the name!

I hope you have a great time here. It is great that you are in touch with them still, but I can fully understand the strong bond you get with coven members, I really miss mine!

Enjoy your weekend, welcome again!

Brightest Blessings,

Vicky xxxx :woohoo: :silly:

Re:Intro 15 years 7 months ago #3795

• Hazelmouse
Hello and :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to another person in Scotland! Mm seriously starting to think I'm in the wrong part of England!:ohmy:

I think its a pull we all feel if it is within us. To connect with nature and all around us.

This is an excellent place to meet others who feel as you do, share and exchange thoughts and experiences. Everyone here is so friendly.B)

Sure you will love it here.

Love & Hugs

Hazelmouse :hazelmouse:

Re:Intro 15 years 7 months ago #3804

• Starlus
  • Site Guru
  • Blah.
  • Thank you received: 11
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing an intro with everyone, I hope you're finding everything ok on the site. I'm sure you'll agree we're a friendly bunch so you'll be right at home! ;)

Any questions or problems just get in touch with myself or Vicky and we'll see what we can do.

Talk to u soon,
~Brian

:bsmilies: :welcome: :bsmilies:

Re:Intro 15 years 7 months ago #3812

Thanks for the welcome!

I suppose in terms of coming back here, it was something I always felt I would do sooner or later. As bizarre as it seems, even moving to Canada when I was really small, I never really settled there. This feels so much more like "home". Much as I used to love and respect many of the places I visited in Ontario, the bond here just seems stronger.

Re:Intro 15 years 7 months ago #3836

• bettylishious
  • Forum Police
  • where theres a witch, theres a way ;o)
well welcome to our happy band of reprobates!!
i'm sure you'll find we are a mixed bunch, from right across the wiccan and pagan spectrum. we all have plenty to say for ourselves and love a bit of healthy banter, so im sure you'll find this out for yourself lol.

look forward to more posts and making new friends :)
oh and im sure you'll soon agree that this is as close to an online coven that you could ever get ;)

bb betty xx
Moderators: Piper, bettylishious, Faye13
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© Copyright 2008-2014 ViccWiccWicca