banner left

banner left
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: merry meet, Im new here!

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1411

merry meet hazelmouse,
sorry I missed your welcome,Ive found the same thing on some sites,and I ve found in life that there are a lot of suspiscious people out there.you only have to mention that you are wiccan or say you follow the old religion,and some back away like you have the plague.when I had to go into hospital for an operation they asked my religion when I said wiccan they put down church of england!I had to explain how far removed that was!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1412

• Piper
  • Forum Police
  • Dance In The Rain
  • Thank you received: 22
Oldcrone i am also from wiltshire and as it happens swindon as well :D Maybe i have passed your family in the street... weird that would be :D!!!!

Xxx

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1416

• Piper
  • Forum Police
  • Dance In The Rain
oldcrone wrote:
thanks for the welcome from all,no suprise as I usually find all wiccan,s friendly with each other you do find the odd one though .Is anyone interested in the paranormal?I have been on a few "ghost vigils" Some more interesting than others,but thats life,speak soon.merry part.x

Yeah you do get the odd one that is out to get everyone... we had someone on an old forum i used to go on and even though we were respecting his views and what his opinion was it was very hard to have a convosation with him that was of a good context and he would just rub everyone up the wrong way even though we were respecting him... needless to say he was not around very long as we all voted to have him taken off.

I do have to say though in his defense he did start some very good discussion topic that got very long and in depth and it was good to actually have something to write about... but some of the post he was putting was just out of line in my opinion. Like he thought that adults should read Harry Potter books as they were a load of c**p really, that was one of the topics that got him very disliked and a lot of people had something to say about it... but i must say it was good to finally discuss something that involved everyone.

I do like the paranormal and would love to go on a ghost walk and vigil but i judt dont know how to really get in contact or go about doing is as
1) Lack of funds
2) I wouldnt want to go by myself
3) Getting to the place as transport is a pain...
but other than that i would love to go on one and actually experiences it. I know a lot of people really dont like it but i love to watch Most Haunted i think that is because i think it is a bit of fun but i dont really know wether to believe it... it is hard to explain and i am not goo at doing that really!! LOL!!

Xxx

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1417

• Ambarwehn
  • 2nd Degree Poster
QUOTE:
thanks for the welcome from all,no suprise as I usually find all wiccan,s friendly with each other you do find the odd one though .Is anyone interested in the paranormal?I have been on a few "ghost vigils" Some more interesting than others,but thats life,speak soon.merry part.x

>^^< I love the paranormal. I sware my house feels like grand central station at times with all the activity that comes and goes, but its always a great learning experiance. i have never really been on a ghost vigil. would love to though. plan on dragging my husband around in order to do so some day. hmm perhaps i should tell him that one. :P :P :P

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1433

• Starlus
  • Site Guru
  • Blah.
  • Thank you received: 11
Ambarwehn wrote:
QUOTE:

>^^< I love the paranormal. I sware my house feels like grand central station at times with all the activity that comes and goes, but its always a great learning experiance. i have never really been on a ghost vigil. would love to though. plan on dragging my husband around in order to do so some day. hmm perhaps i should tell him that one. :P :P :P

Well we sort of were on a ghost vigil. Edinburgh Vaults? Ok, so it was a guided tour but it was still in a spooky place. And something kept chucking stones at us if you remember.
All thatw as missing was Derek Acorah having one of his fits and shouting at everyone to get out of his house. :lol:
xx

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1439

Merry Meet All,
I wont be on line for a couple of days,as Im going down to Swindon today to see my family.We had an encounter with a male witch from basingstoke.I happened to mention Kevin Carlyon,and he went off into one, saying Kevin was right up his own,A...e! I asked if he had ever met him,he replied he didnt need to as he could see what he was..he told me he had more experience thst Kevin,as he had been practicing for 6 years! sorry all but I had to pull rank on him,and tell him he was a novice compared to me.he then procceded to tell me that I was up my a..e as well!these are the kind of people that make wicca look bad.well, have to go get ready,the M4 is not one of my favourite places.ajaust to let you know that on Saturday we are doing a ghost vigil at The Whyte Hart Hotel in hartley Wintney,it is now an antiques centre,but Oliver Cromwell,Dick Turpin and more have stayed there,according to staff,there is lots of psychic activity there,let you know what happens!
Merry Part,Merry Meet again xx

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1441

• Piper
  • Forum Police
  • Dance In The Rain
WOW!! I might unknowingly bump into you then :D Haha wouldnt that be funny!!
Yeah people like that really do my head in... their brain in so small they only have oom for their own opinion :D Sorry i am getting mean now :(

Oooooh the ghost Vigil sound wonderful... you have to let us know what happens as that sound like it could be a lot of fun!!

Xxx

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1543

• Hazelmouse
Quote:

'he told me he had more experience thst Kevin,as he had been practicing for 6 years! sorry all but I had to pull rank on him,and tell him he was a novice compared to me.he then procceded to tell me that I was up my a..e as well!these are the kind of people that make wicca look bad.'

There is always one who is holier than thou isn't there? Good for you putting him in his place though. I could never claim to be better than another in terms of experience. I am what I am and it works for me is all I know.

And your encounter with the hospital putting you down as church of england? That's like calling an eagle a fox. In that respect I was lucky when I had to go in for an operation a while back. I put Pagan down. They didn't bat an eyelid. But it is a sad fact that we are not taken seriously. We are seen as something of a joke, eccentric and wierd. :wideeyes: But hey, who wants to be normal??? I like what I am. :heart:

Sad fact though, is that I have encountered a few problems with pagan sites too due to my tendency to having the god as my primary and not the goddess. I can't help what I am, no more than I can make the earth stop turning, but I fear being a witch has been hijacked to some extent by feminists and the holier than though, we're right and you're wrong brigade, who just want to put their foot down and have a female exclusive patch of turf. Mention the male aspect and you get a deathly silence or lectured on the goddess being the embodiment. :raincloud: Such a pity. They have completely missed the point. Nature is both, we are duality. It is the harmony of things....

Anyway. Soap box over. :sorry:

Hope you had a good time in Swindon. Hope to see you round the board.

Hazelmouse :sun:

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1681

• Starlus
  • Site Guru
  • Blah.
  • Thank you received: 11
Ya, know what you mean, when you come accross someone that gives that 'know it all' impression you just want to turn away. Sadly there's a lot of that going about. Sometiems I wonder if people start forums so they can chair their own discussions and show everybody how clever they are.
At Witchfest a couple of years back some of the speakers seemed to almost contradict each other, one talking about how Egyptian pantheons work really well for them and that sort of thing, another talking about how the best way to attune is get in touch with local deities and sprites. Nobody was right, either way worked for them. Some people need to realise that their way isn't always the best and the whole point of pagan religions is following what's right for you and not what someone else dictates. It's like the discussion we had about colour a few days back... black or white for protection? Whatever works!

Um yea, so... soapboxes. Never had one myself. :dooreek:

Re:merry meet, Im new here! 15 years 11 months ago #1684

• Viccwicc
  • Site Guru
  • Welcome! Always here to help
  • Thank you received: 19
That winds me up a treat, there is no need for people to be like that. I hope you have a good time in Swindon. Look forward to talking to you when you come back. Know what you mean about the M4, it has had some right stunts on it, one day Brian thought he needed pop corn!

Have a good time and love the spirit world, I am lucky enough to be able to communicate with them.

Take care and chat to you soon and glad you put him back in his place.

Vicky xxxx :woohoo: :silly:
  • Page:
Moderators: Piper, bettylishious, Faye13
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
© Copyright 2008-2014 ViccWiccWicca