banner left
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hello!

Hello! 15 years 10 months ago #2600

• kerry
  • Seeker
Hi there,

My name is Kerry, and I have joined the site really for some help and inspiration.

I have decided to get married, yep married, after 7 years with my beloved we have decided it is time. However, inkeeping with my firm feelings about conventional weddings we have decided to do something that will make us both very happy. And that is a Handfesting!! YAY :silly: A little history I feel:

S is an athiest, a complete non believer in God or anything of that description.
Generally believes that everything was created from a spec of dust and we are here for a reason although not entirely sure what that is LOL

I was brought up a Catholic, I was taught at a Catholic school although never really "got it" I enjoyed the surroundings and mystery of church but never really got the whole devine god thing.

So in essence we are earthy people, I am Irish and have strong celtic roots, love anything Celtic, Historical, different and peaceful.

But I am not necesarily Pagan. When I look at it, my beliefs sit within Paganism/Wiccan but is it ok for me to have a handfesting without being a Pagan as such?????????

And all of this is happening in 16 weeks!!!!!!

Kerry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hello! 15 years 10 months ago #2601

• Piper
  • Forum Police
  • Dance In The Rain
  • Thank you received: 22
Welcome to the site honey!

I do not know of anyone in that area i am sorry to say but i hope the search goes well and someone on here can point you in the right direction.

Hope to chat to you on here soon :D

xXx

Re:Hello! 15 years 10 months ago #2602

• Viccwicc
  • Site Guru
  • Welcome! Always here to help
  • Thank you received: 19
Hiya Kerry!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: I am sure you will find loads of inspiration and help here, everyone is great! We are always here and quick to give points of view and advise on matters, of course if you dont want to take it then there will be no hard feelings :lmao: :yay:

There is nothing wrong I feel with getting handfasted if not completely Pagan or Wiccan, there is so many tracks and paths to take in either route so dont feel it matters, as long as it feels right then that is all that is important! Your beliefs fit into it anyway. I hope you both have a fantastic day and look forward to hearing about it when it has happened! :congrats: :congrats: to you both!

Well I hope you have a great time here and look forward to chatting to you.

Vicky xxxx :woohoo: :silly:

Re:Hello! 15 years 10 months ago #2618

• Starlus
  • Site Guru
  • Blah.
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi kerry, welcome to the site! :)
Hope you have a great time here, I'm sure you will. As for handfasting, it's very much a personal choice and I wouldn't think having to be pagan or the like would have very much to do with whether it is 'right' or not. You say you love Celtic stuff... that was how they used to get married anyway so it would be a nice way of making everything more personal.

Best of luck with your plans though, look forward to chatting in the future! :)

:bsmilies: :welcome: :bsmilies:

Re:Hello! 15 years 10 months ago #2619

• Hazelmouse
Hello and a big :welcome: to you.

I am a bit of this and that and I think the journey truly ends. You may find yourself with some form of label to attach to what you believe but if you are like me even that is only very loose. My hubby is what he terms as a 'Lazy Buddhist' but in essence he is very earthy. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. We earthy people are not fixed by hard fast rules, we look at life in all different ways and honour it as fit to us.

As Piper and Vicc said, you are with friends here and we are always happy to help if you need a little advice or confirmation of your thoughts over certain matters.

Hope to see you round the forum.

Love and Hugs

Hazelmouse :mouse: :lilmuseche: :bgcheese: :ewok: :hazelmouse:
Moderators: Piper, bettylishious, Faye13
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© Copyright 2008-2014 ViccWiccWicca